Email uploading not working

Jamie

16 Jun, 2011 09:52 PM

I'm trying to upload emails and first names via an excel file as I always do, and it keeps giving some strange formatting and showing empty fields where there shouldn't be, etc. I've tried several different files, and it's doing the same thing to all of them.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Juju | Namaste ... on 17 Jun, 2011 05:35 PM

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for contacting NamasteLight Support.

To import your member records into NamasteLight, it is best to use a CSV file type. Also, your CSV File will need to have column headers so the NamasteLight system knows where to place your information. You will first need to open your document in Excel. Once opened, insert a top row and add column headers. For the Email column, type in the word Email with no spaces or dashes. For First Name type in FirstName with no spaces or dashes. Once you have placed your column headers, you will need to save your file as a CSV. To do this, go to the File Pull-down menu and select Save As. When the Save As box comes up, change the File Type to CSV (Windows or MSDOS). When naming your CSV file, make sure you do use any spaces or special characters in the File Name. You'll want to keep it as simple as possible.

Once saved, try the Import again. Let us know if you need further assistance. Also, feel free to give us a call at 888-353-1095 x 2.

Namaste,

Juju

2. Juju | Namaste Support closed this discussion on 30 Jun, 2011 09:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac